Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Since today preceeds our annual salute to materialism, aka, the Holiday Season, it seems like a good time to express some gratitude. Today, when the L.A. Foodbank distributed 8,000 food packages, I am grateful for my life. Now that I'm older, I've had the opportunity to see that it only takes a few bad breaks for one to go from stable to really hurting. Let's keep in mind how lucky most of us are to have the lives that we have and try to help those who have less.

I am grateful for my family, friends and one huge crabby cat. They all bring so much into my life every day. I'm grateful for knitting, for the comfort, challenge and company it provides. I don't know what I'd do if I were unable to work with my hands. Even in the old folks home, I'm sure that I'll be gluing macaroni to cardboard. Note to the kid: be sure I get a bottle of glitter.

For those of you who will be lining up in a couple hours to hit the sales, good luck and no pushing1 I'll be catching up on my sleep, dreaming of beads and bobbles.

No comments: