Wednesday, December 19, 2007

No Room at the Inn

Nor at the Target parking lot either... H and I tried to go there today and we couldn't even manage to turn into the lot. So, we consoled ourselves by going to Michael's on Colorado Blvd. in Pasadena. It was swamped but manageable. This is the same famous Colorado Boulevard that the Rose Parade travels down each New Year's day. For those of us who grew up in this area, one of the signs of the season is when they start building the bleachers for the Rose Parade. They are all up, big lumbering metal constructs waiting patiently for Christmas to be over with and New Year's to arrive. These are the seats that you pay for; camping on the street to snag a spot on the sidewalk is free. I'll try to go back and take a photo to post. Since all of my three readers are local, I'm sure that you've seen them yourselves.

I thought I'd post a few links to things I've found in Blogland. The first is a photo from Supergirl's blog, Kato wears a hat. I'm a sucker for a cute cat photo, especially a cat in a hat.

Norah Gaughan hosts a new blog named Berroco Design Studio blog. I enjoy the behind the scenes look at Berroco. I'm not sure how I feel about the knitted beets (Would someone please explain the Office reference?), but I love the Boyfriend bag.

There's Getting Stitched on the Farm for Kristin Nicholas fans.

If you'd like a highlights reel of knitting blog, check out Re:Knit a knitblog re-blog. I find all sorts of interesting references on Re:Knit.

Finally, to make you smile when your feet hurt from shopping, your stomach hurts from eating too many Reese's chocolate jingle bells and your head hurts from too many crowds, I present a new blog, A Steaming Pile of Knit. This is for those of you who are missing "You Knit What?"

No comments: