Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thursday Thoughts (posted on Friday)

My first post for March and it's already the sixth! Where does the time go? We are in danger of turning into our own urgent care center. Sick kid, sick cat, terminal sinus problems for me...it's enough to make you drink. You know things aren't going too smoothly when you are gathering doctor and dentist notes into a folder to take to the school. Or, when you are leaning your whole self onto a 22 pound cat to force a cone back onto his head and losing the battle! Or, still, when you get the cone on the cat and he continues to loudly lick the inside of the cone--not at all getting it that he's not connecting with his intended target. Even I have to admit that's not too bright.

I've been feeling frustrated with my knitting lately. I want to do so many things, then get bogged down with details or my hands start hurting or some other distraction, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I found myself in a snit a few days ago, thinking to myself that that was that, I was going to just quit knitting, do something else. Of course, that has passed. I have restarted my Koigu Oriental Jacket.


I have started over, tweaked the colors and I really like how it is looking. I read on Ravelry that it took a woman 4 months to make hers. I'm going to see how much progress I can make on this if I concentrate. I'm not saying I won't go off on little side ventures, because I know myself and I will. But this will be my main focus.

Finally, the last of my Christmas knitting. This is the Nove scarf by Vyvyan Neel.


She also the designer of the popular Argosy scarf from Knitty. Nove was an interesting knit, although I have to say that the little "finger" fringes got a bit old.

On to TGIF!! It's supposed to be in the 80's this weekend (sorry!). Don't forget to Spring Forward this weekend. I am already missing my lost hour...

3 comments:

Larry said...

How familiar that all sounds! Only the specifics vary. Of couse I don't have the kid and my cat isn't wearing a cone, but still. Sometimes it's just all too much. That's when I decide to get rid of all my stash, except the sock yarn, and just hole up with the phone unplugged. But I get over it. Except I am going to get rid of a lot of stash. I hope you're feeling better by now.

Janice Rosema said...

Sounds like you have had more than your share lately. Reduced to giving up knitting, now that is just over the edge you know (can I have dibs on your Koigu if you really do it? LOL.) I've come to the conclusion that the Oriental jacket requires a knitting buddy much like scuba diving. Just in case of trouble they will be there to remind you to keep breathing and knit through the pain. Of course, I have discovered that throughly reading the pattern and looking at the charts is also a big help although there are other more adventurous but nameless folk who just plunge right in. Looking forward to seeing you Sunday so we can hold each other's hand as we try again to tread the Koigu path.

Fay Lynn said...

I will be cheering you on from the sidelines. That is way too much of a project for me. You are my knitting hero. How could you think of stopping? where would I be then?