Friday, August 03, 2007

An August beginning

Happy August! August is a crazy month for my group. Birthdays: mine, my sister's, godmother, cousin (same day as mine), twin sons of godmother, father of one of my BFF's, as well as my parent's wedding date, my grandparent's anniversary, my godmother's mother's birthday, etc...you get the idea.

Where have I been and what's been happening this week? Well, it was the crazy last week of summer school for the kid. I worked madly on my Knitting for Hire project and finally mailed it off Wednesday. I so completely wrecked my hands, elbows, shoulders on this thing...Wednesday night I went to bed with every orthopedic device I possessed, plus an ice pack and Advil. As soon as "it" is published, I will post a photo of it on this site. I've also been nursing a concussion. Nothing too dramatic, I stood up into a dryer door. No, I'm not 10 inches tall, it was one of those double decker deals. Pretty much knocked myself out, saw stars, etc. Went to bed that night with an icepack and Tylenol. I still feel a little loopy, but my headache is much better. Welcome to Klutzville...I also managed to burn my shoulder with the curling iron and whacked my knee after stepping on the cat's tail. Jeez, you better stay out of my way!

Who has received their 25th Anniversary issue of Vogue Knitting??? It looks like a wonderful issue. I have been camped out by my mailbox ever since I started reading on other blogs that the issue was out. I am very tempted by the revamped Kaffe Fassett cardigan.

Finally, my thoughts goes out to the people of Minneapolis. Minnesotans hold a special place in my heart. I've always thought of them as neighbors, since my family is from North Dakota. I spent several happy summers at music camp near Duluth. Anyway, just wanted to mention that. We're here in earthquake country, I'm sure most of us can relate to the shock and loss they are feeling.

No comments: