Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Synchronized Knitting

Knitdad and I attempted synchronized knitting yesterday, both of us working on the Mystery Stole 3. It was fun, albeit accident-prone. For my part, it was 3 rows forward, 2 rows back. I suggested that we get to the same row, then read the stitches out loud. Understandably, Knitdad was reluctant to wait out the 4 hours necessary for me to catch up. Then, I said we should speak every other row (on the purl rows), since invariably one person would speak up in the middle of a crucial row count. That didn't really work either. It didn't help that the Starbucks we were in had the loudest, strangest music playing. At one point, I actually questioned my sanity when I thought I heard the strains of Stairway to Heaven coming through a flamenco guitar piece. Turns out, it really was Stairway to Heaven! This version would pretty much kill Robert Plant & company. Anyway, after being stuck in a time warp bouncing back & forth through rows 75-79, I have actually progressed to row 87, making it seem likely that I will finish this section before the next "clue" comes out on Friday.

It's only 16 days until the new Harry Potter book is released! What do you think will happen? Is Dumbledore really dead? Will Harry survive? Is Snape truly a traitor? I can't wait to find out. I am so sorry to see this series end, I hope that J.K. Rowling does a good job in wrapping up the story.

1 comment:

mary said...

This lace knitting brings out the best (or worst) in us, doesn't it? I find I can't even have an interesting TV show on in while working on it. As far as rows, I think I'm in the '80s and hopefully can finish up today.