Monday, January 07, 2008

Breaking News

Date: Monday, 1/08/08
Time: 6:32 pm
Location: Von's Pavilion, Arcadia
Event: finally found the Winter 2007 issue of Vogue Knitting magazine!

I think that it is a really good issue. I like most of the pieces in the Shawls section, especially Cookie A's square shawl. Norah Gaughan has one of her hexagonal shawls--not sure if it is the exact piece from Berroco's Norah Gaughan, vol. 1 or not. BTW, there is a Norah Gaughan, vol 2 either out now or due out very soon. I always enjoy her designs, and I am really enjoying the collaboration between Norah Gaughan and Margery Winter that is going on at Berroco.

In other news, Storm Watch LA is over. Dallas and Fritz can go back to golf for a while. We actually had quite a bit of rain over the last 4 days, around 4 inches where I live. Too late to save most of the plants that died in my yard this summer, but more than enough for a bumper crop of weeds. Unfortunately, the gardener went AWOL a month ago, so things could turn ugly.

No comments: