Thursday, January 31, 2008

Like the Phoenix

I'm back and so are two old projects. I may have been premature in thinking that I was over the creeping crud a couple of days ago. Now, though, finally, I am starting to feel human. This would be great except for the fact that the kid is showing signs of falling prey to it now. Two days of finals and one day of Academic competition lie ahead....fingers crossed!

As many of my friends know, I am a big fan of Marta McCall, whose website is Tink Knit Months ago, maybe even a year ago, I knit the back for the Flower Market Bag. Well, I have finally dug out the yarn & charts and am now about 1/3 through the bag front. The plan to make the bag is quite clever: You knit in the basic shapes then put in the details after knitting the front with embroidery. It's still intarsia, but much simpler than having to knit in all the details.

I'm also working on the Tink Knit pattern Silver Leaf Satchel. The knitting is completed. Now comes all the finishing work, which in this case, is pretty extensive. I am going to start silver leafing the leaves soon. I love this bag and am looking forward to using it.

The other ollllllllllllld project I've picked up again is my Color on Color scarf from the ubiquitous Scarf Style book. This project is so old that the knitalong group on Yahoo has apparently disbanded!

This is a photo of a completed COC scarf, I'm about 1/4 of the way through. Any other lapsed COC knitters who'd care to join me? FLM? AD? CH? Knitdad or Unraveled Gal, care to start one? come on, you know you want to!

1 comment:

Larry said...

Please put me in touch with your loan officer. That scarf has tempted me from the first day I saw it but I always thought it would be too expensive, in money and in time. But, hey? Who cares? Knitting scarves is my new sock knitting anyway. Why not take advantage while I'm on it? I just have to find my copy of the book and start making a list. And I do get a nice discount at ASIT. Anything special I need to know?