Monday, January 21, 2008

You Say it's Your Birthday

I need my sister here to sing our annoyingly raucous version of the Beatles' Birthday song. It is 11:30 pm on the 21st, the end of the Martin Luther King holiday. I remember how long it took for this to be a holiday and how much it meant to people when it finally happened. I will also remember this day, always, as the day I checked into the hospital to have my daughter. She was born a little after noon on the 22nd. Happy Birthday!!

Here are a few birthday haiku for Miss H:


today's the big day
for my beautiful sweet girl
It's your day, birdie



seventeen years past
dark haired smiling beauty mine
joyous birthday wishes



beautiful quirky
scary smart politico girl
chase your dreams always


=======================
hexagon count=5, only 290 left

No comments: